But with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to figure out the best way to decorate your space with wall art. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Consider your style: What is your personal style? Do you prefer a more traditional look, or are you drawn to more modern and contemporary pieces? Choosing wall art that reflects your style will help you create a cohesive look in your space.
- Think about the size of your wall: It’s important to choose wall art that is proportionate to the size of your wall. A small piece of art will get lost on a large wall, while a large piece may be too overwhelming on a smaller wall. Consider the height of your wall and the amount of empty space you have to work with when selecting wall art.
- Choose the right color scheme: Wall art can help to tie together the color scheme in your space. If you already have a color scheme in place, choose wall art that incorporates those colors. If you’re starting from scratch, consider choosing wall art that features a color scheme you’d like to bring into your space.
- Create a gallery wall: If you have a large wall with a lot of empty space, consider creating a gallery wall. This is a great way to display multiple pieces of wall art in a cohesive way. Mix and match different sizes, styles, and frames to create a unique and visually interesting display.
- Hang your wall art at the right height: The right height to hang wall art can be a bit of a debate, but a good rule of thumb is to hang it at eye level. This means that the center of the piece should be about 57 inches off the ground. Of course, you can adjust this based on the height of your wall and the size of the piece.
- Experiment with different arrangements: Don’t be afraid to play around with different arrangements before you commit to hanging your wall art. Use a floor plan or mock-up to get a sense of how different arrangements will look. You can also try using painter’s tape to temporarily hang the pieces on the wall to get a better idea of how they will look.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating a beautiful and cohesive look with wall art in your space. Remember to have fun with it and let your personality shine through in your choices. Happy decorating!
Try These Links: